Create a High Impact Strategic Plan
A strategic plan is the most important tool you have at your disposal to efficiently manage your organization's future. A strategic plan establishes a road map for management to follow, prioritizes the numerous tasks to be performed, and provides the board or directors with a benchmark to measure the effectiveness of the CEO.
A high impact strategic plan features a facilitation process which emphasizes a fast paced, interactive session, measurable goals and accountability. The committee develops detailed action plans which outline the steps needed to achieve the organization's goals. This unique process assures the association of developing a strategy which is user friendly, forward looking and comprehensive.
Why Retain Donn Eurich as your Facilitator?
Donn Eurich brings over 30 years of consulting experience with non-profits. As your facilitator you can expect him to:
- Provide expertise...Donn knows the process and what goes into developing a successful strategic plan
- Provide objectivity...Donn has no stake in the outcome and will treat all points of view equally
- Provide balance...Donn’s job is to ensure all competing participant perspectives are heard and to strive for consensus building
- Provide impartiality...because of Donn’s impartiality he can approach sensitive political topics or controversial issues without being perceived as having an agenda
- Provide leadership...it is virtually impossible for the CEO or Board Chairman to both facilitate and participate in the group discussion. Retaining Donn Eurich as your facilitator permits the elected leaders and staff focus on the issues rather than on the process
- Provide structure...Donn understands time constraints, and the goals of the day’s session. He will ensure that your plan is complete, well thought out and represents the wishes of the committee.
- Provide planning committee demographics...Donn can help you select the participants for your planning session to ensure all membership factions are represented and all points of view are heard and considered.
- Provide documentation...after the session, Donn will provide a written report of your strategic plan, complete with goals, action steps and time lines
- Provide credibility...As an independent contractor, when Donn facilitates your retreat, any potential member suspicions that individuals on the committee controlled the process is eliminated
- Provide follow up...Many clients bring Donn back every 6-12 months to conduct follow up sessions and to update progress on their plan.
12 Tips Towards A Successful Strategic Plan